- Vicomsoft InterGate Version History - Mac OS X
- Below is a list of the improvements and bug fixes that have been made to different versions of the Vicomsoft InterGate for Mac OS X.
- Free updaters are available to update certain versions of the Vicomsoft InterGate to the latest version. Please see the Vicomsoft Software Updaters page for more details.
- Version 9.2.5
- Version 9.2.4
- Enhanced, Leopard-themed User Interface
- Improved compatibility with Mac OS X 10.5
- Improved compatibility with Intel-based Macs
- Improved resilience and reliability of DNS server
- Improved Connection Teaming support
- Overall stability and reliability fixes
- Version 9.2.3
- InterGate is now compatible with Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
- Fixes a potential for the InterGate login service to stop responding
- Stops the OS X server firewall being enabled in 10.3.9 systems
- Fixes a problem where a change of domain name for a DHCP assigned IP was not reflected by InterGate
- Fixes a bug in the Firewall Log window which could report incorrect dates
- Fixes dropped RTSP connections
- Version 9.2.2
- Potential crash fixed after viewing Firewall Settings window
- Potential crash fixed in Log Generator
- Importing Time Control settings from previous versions was not 100% reliable
- Application filters might not be applied to newly created users
- Safe Search might cause all search engine look ups to fail
- Potential lockup when processing malformed encoded DNS packets
- Users blocked by the Block All filter set could have been reported in Intelligence as blocked by Protocol filters
- Version 9.2.1
- Bridging works across all subnets.
- Fixed a problem with the Log Generator processing unusually long
- Fixed an issue with Automatic Login from Intel-based Macs.
- Miscellaneous user interface improvements.
- Version 9.2.0
- InterGate Policy Manager is now a Universal
Binary and runs natively on both PowerPC and Intel-based
- Inappropriate images can now be forcibly excluded from image search
engine results. Safe Search is applied to Google, Yahoo, Meta Crawler,
All The Web and Lycos UK.
- Where users are pre-authenticated via LDAP or Active Directory, additional
InterGate Policy Manager login is no longer required.
- Create policies which allow you to manage Internet access by time of
day and/or day of week.
- Speed improvements in every area of Intelligence provide faster
log generation and report browsing.
- Custom DHCP options can now be configured and sent to DHCP clients.
- LDAP profiles can now be applied on a per-user basis.
- Version 9.1.1
- New Intercept module release to detect and block Instant Messaging, Peer to Peer and Skype applications.
- More reports available in the Intelligence module.
- Version 9.0.2
- The "Launch at System Startup" option now works under Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger).
- Improvements to SurfControl lookups.
- Several items fixed with the Outbound Firewall settings, including a problem that could result in Outbound Filters not being saved.
- SurfControl servers no longer show up in the SuperIntendent reports.
- Version 9.0.1
- Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) and 10.4 Server compatible.
- Fixed a problem when Time Controls are used for machines on static IP addresses.
- Added new reports to SuperIntendent, including: Top Receivers, Top Senders, Top Websites and All Websites.
- Version 9.0.0
- New support for LDAP means that users can be authenticated against your Windows 2000/2003 or Mac OS X LDAP server.
- Web Based User Logon has been added to InterGate, allowing users to logon for Internet access without the need to run a separate utility.
- Vicomsoft has added DMZ capabilities to the product.
- Access Control Lists can now be applied to any port map. Access to mapped hosts can now be restricted to specified addresses or ranges.
- Improved Usage Reporting with a new version of the SuperIntendent module.
- Version 8.6.2
- Support for SuperIntendent reporting tool.
- Improved support for Mac OS X Server.
- Support for iChat AV.
- SurfControl caching improvements.
- Improved mail processing compatibility in SpamBolt module.
- Improvements to DNS resolution.
- Version 8.6.1
- Max OS X 10.3.3 compatibility.
- Version 8.6.0
- Full support for SurfControl CPA content filtering
- Architectural changes to support SuperIntendent Internet usage reporting
- Text based logging removed in preparation for new SuperIntendent
Please report any problems or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org